Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ben and Jerry's for Breakfast

                 I realize that babies communicate through crying.  We have figured out all of Jack's cries-the "I'm hAngry (hungry+angry)" cry, the "I'm so sleepy" cry, the "Help! I'm overstimulated!" cry, and the "My dipe is soiled!  Change it now!" cry.  Jackson, however, has a new cry, the "I have developed a fussy yell that isn't cute, but instead, is rude when I am tired" cry.  It's actually more of a yell.  He literally yells at me in a rude, snarky tone.  Don't feel sorry for him.  He only does it when he has a full belly, a clean diaper, and is just plain fighting sleep.  He often stops mid yell to fall asleep.  Okay, okay, along with being rude, it's a little cute, but I think everything he does is cute.  I even like the smell of his sweet baby breath...that's another story.

{A compilation of Jack's fussy faces.  Enjoy...it's only funny when there's no audio.}


Today, an hour of his "I have developed a fussy yell that is cute and rude when I'm tired" cry resulted to him being swaddled and put to bed for a nap (the guy is spoiled and is usually rocked to sleep) and led to his Mama eating Ben and Jerry's "Chunky Monkey" for breakfast.  I must not tell a lie; that yummy banana ice cream goodness mixed with just the right amount of walnuts and fudge is delightful.  I also must admit that I haven't been to the grocery store this week to have other things to eat, and therefore, it is not completely the little guy's fault that his Mama has resorted to gluttony for breakfast.

I wonder where that son of mine gets his snarky-ness from?  Definitely his Dad.

Also, those Halloween photos do not make his Christmas card photos seem promising.  I am sure there will be another funny photo compilation to look forward to after that experience!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Best thing I've read In a while. Xoxo -kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Cannot wait for the Christmas Card photos now that you mention it! Love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing my blog on your blog. Would love to return the favor once I have some steady readers! A secret-the design of my blog is a template=super easy!

      Delete
  3. This is CUTE! & I definitely approve of ice cream for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His rude cry sounds like what I call Everett's "fake cry"....silly boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all have one, right?! I need to film it; I know I will probably miss it one day!

      Delete